Spacecom is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users. The following information describes how Spacecom collects and processes information about you when you use our website (the “Website”).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Spacecom is a fixed-satellite operator and satellite service provider, offering tailored end-to-end communication solutions to the Media and Broadband industries. Operating the AMOS satellite fleet, Spacecom provides broadcast and broadband satellite services with Pan-European, Pan-African, Middle Eastern, Russian and Asian coverage and cross-region connectivity.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number, company, job title and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily from you, including, without limitation, by registering or completing the contact forms available through the Website, or if you email us or sign up to receive a news release or event invitations.
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing the Requested Services:
- We provide technical and professional support for customers who use our services and contact us for such support. We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested services.
- We also process your personal information for the payment process made in connection with the services you required.
We process this information, as it is necessary for the performance of a contract with our customers or for our legitimate business interest to obtain further knowledge in order to update our services and our solutions.
- Improvement and Development of the Services:
- We use several means to improve and develop our services such as articles, reports communicating our latest news, as well as hold customer events and conferences.
- We analyze the information we receive from such sources to evaluate and improve our services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Spacecom’s services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs, as well as to improve your experience on the Website by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we reasonably attempt to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any of your Personal Information, to any third party without having received your permission, except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under law.
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management, analytics or maintenance services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. We may provide access to your Personal Information to our contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our Website or the services that you have requested and/or to our personnel in order to provide customer services.
Furthermore, information about you or your account may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Spacecom, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
You have the right at any time to access, modify or delete your information, object to or restrict processing. To exercise these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located within the European Union (the “EU“) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you are afforded specific rights regarding your personal information. Subject to eligibility, users in the EU or in the EEA have the following rights to;
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete,
- Object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Website, Spacecom is a “Data Controller”. Therefore, if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at:
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of this Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website experience for all of our visitors. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain various information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by so rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Website.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to email@example.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
Generally, Spacecom does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. Spacecom retains information for a period of three years following the date it was collected, or from your last contact with us (unless the data is required for Spacecom to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services).
The service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on October 2018